Today, I am sharing Baingan Bharta Recipe or squashed eggplant or बैगन का भरता. I really love this recipe for its simplicity and taste.You can get smoky flavor When you cook vegetables directly over the flame.
Baingan Bharta Recipe or squashed eggplant Recipe (बैगन का भरता)
- 1 big brinjal (1 बड़ा बैंगन)
- 1 medium sized onion (1 मध्यम आकार के प्याज)
- 1 medium sized tomato (1 मध्यम आकार के टमाटर)
- 1/2 cup cooked green peas (1/2 कप हरी मटर पकाया)
- 1 green chilly (1 हरी मिर्च)
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala(hot spice mix) (1/2 छोटा चम्मच गर्म मसाला मिक्स)
- 1 teaspoon red chilly powder (1 चम्मच लाल मिर्च पाउडर)
- 1 pinch turmeric (1 चुटकी हल्दी)
- 3 tablespoons oil and salt to taste (3 बड़े चम्मच तेल और नमक स्वाद के लिए)
Ingredients for Baingan Bharta Recipe or squashed eggplant (बैगन का भरता) : –
How to prepare Baingan Bharta Recipe or squashed eggplant: –
Let’s starts with the Onion, first you have to chop the onion, tomato and green chilly separately and set it aside. now next wash the eggplant and pat it dry. You have to coat the brinjal with oil and roast it on the burner on a low flame. you have to keep turning the brinjal to ensure that it is well cooked on all sides. Once its roasted let it cool. After it is done peel the skin. Since it’s roasted it will be black and you will peel off it very easily, Now mash it nicely. Take a frying pan and pour the oil in it and bring it to heat, then put in the green chilly and sauté briefly. now next add the onions and fry them till they turn golden brown. you have to add the red chilly powder and turmeric in it. Mix well till it all blends and then sprinkle the salt evenly. Sauté for a minute and then add the mashed brinjal and cooked peas. cook it for eight minutes now your baingan bharta or squashed eggplant is ready garnish with coriander and serve with chappatis or Roti.
Preparation time : – 10 minutes , Serves : – 2